Job Summary Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer with overall responsibilities for all free-standing and hospital- based, primary care and specialty clinics, including Ask Our Nurse Program, the Referral Center, Virtual Care and the Patient Appointment Center at the Harris Health System. This includes responsibility for ensuring patient-centered, high quality, cost effective and integrated care.
Degrees: Masters Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Health with emphasis in healthcare management or related field will be considered given appropriate experience. Must be comfortable and effective in a system-wide matrix reporting relationship.
Doctor of Medicine or DO degree desired; Preferred
Licenses & Certifications: Texas licensure or eligible. Board certified or board-eligible in an appropriate clinical discipline preferred
Work Experience: Ten (10) years of progressively responsible management and leadership experience in a healthcare delivery environment, preferably ambulatory; relevant experience in an academic healthcare environment desired.
* Responsible for achieving assigned goals of the Systems Strategic plan for Ambulatory Care Services.
* Provides administrative oversight and direction to assure efficient day-to-day operations of all components of the ambulatory care platform.
* Serves as a key member of the senior leadership team in collaboration with the System's management teams, and the administrative and clinical leadership at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) and University of Texas Health Science Center- Houston (UTHSC) to develop and implement District- wide ambulatory care services..
* Partners with medical leadership at BCM and UTHSC to champion quality patient care.
* Responsible for the successful integration of primary care, secondary care and tertiary care throughout Harris Health.
* Collaborates with the Chiefs and Assistant Chiefs of Medical Staff, ACS CMO, other System departments, and external contemporaries to provide a culture of patient safety and to achieve and maintain patient satisfaction.
* Standardizes best practices in operational and clinical functions across the Ambulatory Care platform.
* Participates in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of performance improvement initiatives, clinical programs and services, assuring appropriate utilization of resources. Responsible for assuring goals and expectations are met, as evidenced by scorecard measures.
* Responsible for the capital and operating budgets for Ambulatory Care Services.
* Promotes favorable public relations with the public and other healthcare organizations within the community.
* Participates in the promotion of ambulatory care services and grants sponsored programs.
* Assures compliance with all regulatory and accrediting agencies regarding Ambulatory Care Services and programs.
Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact), Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking), Writing /Correspondence, Writing /Reports
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities: Analytical, Medical Terminology
The Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes 23 community health centers, five school-based clinics, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units, a rehabilitation and specialty hospital and two full-service hospitals.Ben Taub Hospital is a world renowned Level I Trauma Center with 586 licensed acute-care beds and provides a wide range of specialty care outpatient services. Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital is a 328 licensed bed acute-care hospital with a newly expanded Level III trauma center and a distinguished regional center for neonatal intensive care for high-risk deliveries.Harris Health is a teaching system for Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). We train the next generation of healthcare providers on the latest medical procedures and technological breakthroughs.With... our fully integrated electronic medical records system, we offer patients the convenience and assurance that their medical history is accurate, safe and available when and where it is needed. Our Medical Home designation ensures that we offer a full range of preventive, specialty and acute care services for the entire family.
Since 1975, the American Association for Physician Leadership has helped physicians develop their leadership skills through education, career development, thought leadership and community building.
Now more than ever, physicians are leaders in their organizations and communities. The American Association for Physician Leadership® maximizes and supports physician leadership through education, community, and influence.