Director of Treasury, Investment Portfolio Management & Corporate Finance
The Director of Finance -Treasury will provide technical assistance to the VP of Treasury and Chief Investment Officer with respect to the organization's financing, investing and related cash flow forecasting activities. This position requires expertise in the areas of corporate finance and investments as well as experience with developing and maintaining related models in Excel. Along with a deep understanding of both finance theory as well as its practical application and modeling, the Director should have strong communication skills due to the Director's interaction with senior management, external parties, such as bankers and advisors and may have exposure to certain members of the board through the Investment Working Group.
- Maintain the organization's debt model to validate actual interest and principal payments, provide accounting entries for financing transactions as well as specific line items for debt compliance and ongoing disclosures, and forecast balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement financing-related items under the guidance of the VP Treasury.
- Prepare presentation materials for senior management and the board as required, summarizing the input and output form the modeling and various scenarios with the oversight of the VP Treasury and the assistance of the organization's advisors and bankers.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual debt portfolio review for senior management and the board.
- Assist with the preparation of information for ratings' agencies.
- Monitor the asset allocation of the organization's portfolios to assure that the portfolios maintained are within the ranges defined in VUMC's investment policy.
- Validate portfolio performance data and prepare monthly portfolio performance reporting with the guidance of the VP Treasury and the assistance of VUMC's investment consultant and asset managers.
- Assist with the modeling required to prepare the annual downside risk analysis, work with the investment consultant on simulation, scenario analysis and recommendations regarding asset allocation, and assist with the preparation of presentation materials for senior management and the board.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.
Since 1975, the American Association for Physician Leadership has helped physicians develop their leadership skills through education, career development, thought leadership and community building.
Now more than ever, physicians are leaders in their organizations and communities. The American Association for Physician Leadership® maximizes and supports physician leadership through education, community, and influence.