The Vice President of Operations for St. Mary's Hospital will be responsible for assuring effective and efficient operational processes in accordance with the Philosophy and Mission of SSM Health Care. The Vice President of Operations is a participative member of the St. Mary's executive team.
Reports to: Regional Vice President/Chief Operating Officer
Supervises: Leaders of assigned Network Functions (i.e. HIM, Security, Pastoral Care, Oncology, CGCMC ACC). Others TBD.
Interrelationships: Interacts with entity, regional and system personnel; entity presidents; other system local entity Presidents; hospital board and other local groups; local and regional medical staff members; employees and a variety of other publics.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Mission, Values and Standards of Ethical Conduct
- Demonstrates and imparts the mission, philosophy, values and vision of SSM Health Care in daily activities and into operational functions, processes and environment.
- Works effectively as a team member in a dynamic executive environment where collegiality, subsidiary and sharing responsibility is required and highly valued within a matrix organization. Promotes teamwork within and across the network by maintaining positive and productive intra-entity and intradepartmental relationships and utilizing effective problem solving skills.
- Adheres to the SSM Health Care Standards of Ethical Conduct, displaying, as applicable, ethical behavior in the areas of business ethics, legal compliance, confidentiality, conflicts of interest, vendor relationships and the reporting of questionable activities.
- Assures premier customer satisfaction. Implements mechanisms and feedback processed to determine customer satisfaction levels.
- Assures engagement, satisfaction and alignment of employees, physicians and executives to assure effective implementation of strategic and operational plans within the assigned entity.
- Creates an environment in which effective communication and responsiveness to customer needs are personal priorities. Provides timely resolution and response to customer complaints, concerns and suggestions.
- Participates with regional operations council leadership team in the implementation of strategic business plans for assigned entity.
- Operationalizes strategic business plans for assigned operational areas within the region.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the Strategic, Financial and Human Resource Planning process for the entity.
- Translates system, regional, hospital and service line initiatives into action plans at the hospital and departmental level with appropriate performance measures.
- Assumes fiscal responsibility through budgetary planning and implementation.
- Incorporates CQI principles into daily activities focusing on process improvements, patient safety and premier patient satisfaction.
- Participates in ongoing continuous quality improvement education and training.
- Responsible for the oversight of effective human resource management for the assigned departments and teams.
- Ensures human resource policies are enforced and administered consistently without favoritism or discriminatory influence.
- Utilizes timely and effective means of informing and updating staff on organizational, system-wide and industry issues. Provides opportunity for staff input and encourages staff feedback regarding improvement opportunities.
Masters Degree in nursing, healthcare or related field required.
Minimum of five years experience as an accomplished senior healthcare executive within a large healthcare institution.
Understand the Mission and Values of SSM Health Care and Franciscan Sisters of Mary.
Ability and desire to integrate CQI principles and tools into work processes.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Internal Number: 19002882
About SSM Health
Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
SSM Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. The organization’s more than 40,000 employees and 10,000 providers are committed to providing exceptional health care services and revealing God’s healing presence to everyone they serve.
With care delivery sites in Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin, SSM Health includes 24 hospitals, more than 300 physician offices and other outpatient and virtual care services, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, a health insurance company and an accountable care organization. It is one of the largest employers in every community it serves.
BACK TO TOP
Since 1975, the American Association for Physician Leadership has helped physicians develop their leadership skills through education, career development, thought leadership and community building.
Now more than ever, physicians are leaders in their organizations and communities. The American Association for Physician Leadership® maximizes and supports physician leadership through education, community, and influence.