Responsible for tracking of all inquiry calls, completion of initial assessment to determine level of care, insurance pre-certification, and following the patient to the appropriate disposition in consultation with the Medical Director or his designee.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Accepting inquiry calls and scheduling assessments.
2. Performing initial clinical assessments to determine level of care.
3. Coordination and disposition of all referral calls to appropriate level of care.
4. Scheduling and coordinating admissions with psychiatrists and nursing staff, and completion of all admission paperwork.
5. Coordination and follow-up of all after hour calls and admits.
6. Completing precertification information and forwarding to appropriate agencies, in conjunction with Business Office and Case Management.
7. Communication with referral sources to inform them of client disposition.
8. Any other duties assigned by supervisory or administrative personnel.
9. Will adhere to all safety policies and safe work practice.
10. Will attend hospital safety trainings.
11. Will adhere to all hospital policies and procedures.
Since 1975, the American Association for Physician Leadership has helped physicians develop their leadership skills through education, career development, thought leadership and community building.
Now more than ever, physicians are leaders in their organizations and communities. The American Association for Physician Leadership® maximizes and supports physician leadership through education, community, and influence.